Fri, 13 Sept|
In-person Self Care
Time & Location
13 Sept 2024, 9:00 am GMT-4 – 15 Sept 2024, 1:00 pm GMT-4
Indiana, 8202 Clearvista Pkwy, Indianapolis, IN 46256, USA
About the Event
Please click READ MORE below for full information on the class. This may take a moment or two to appear.
Self Care Training is a time to focus on your own digestive and reproductive health concerns (such as painful sex or periods, prolapse, incontinence, indigestion and constipation). The techniques taught in class are from both Maya traditional healing practices as well as modern holistic healing. I learned them from Dr. Rosita Arvigo, DN, who studied over a decade with the late Don Elijio Panti, a beloved traditional h’men (priest/healer) of the Maya, as well as other traditional healers in Mexico and the Yucatan. Since 2005 I have been integrating these skills into my life and work and I am passionate about sharing them with you!
Through this fun, interesting and interactive class you will learn knowledge and tools that can walk with you throughout life to support your vitality. They include:
- a non-invasive, gentle self-massage for the belly that supports pelvic organ balance, digestive ease, and encourages the flows of blood, lymph, nerve conduction and energy movement
- basic anatomy and physiology of the reproductive and digestive organs - if we understand it, we can support it better for ourselves
- the many uterine postures and positions; why it matters! and the signs of when it is balanced (and when it’s not!)
- traditional concepts in womb care and befriending our own womb or post hysterectomy womb energy
- nutritional support and tending our microbiome
- herbal support from traditional Maya jungle remedies
- energetic cleansing based on traditional water and flower bathing
- emotional self-support practices to move through stuckness and challenge
- how to do botanical pelvic hydrotherapy at home
- how and why to wear and use a faja, or a traditional pelvic wrap
Some advantages to attending this course in person:
- Students will each receive a private 30 minute session for evaluation and guidance in the self care massage. Experiencing this during the class really helps bring all the learning together for what it means for you personally...
- Because the class is interactive with anatomy 'theater' demonstrations, self massage practice, and teaching aids you can touch, see, and explore, kinesthetic and visual learners will find the learning engaging, and easier to integrate.
Consider making a personal retreat out of it. You deserve time off just for you.
This course prepares you to perform these techniques on yourself only, and is a pre-requisite to enrollment in Level 2 - Practitioner Training.
If you are on the path to becoming an Arvigo Practitioner, this is an excellent foundation to start your journey! You will be well prepared for your next class.
Anyone may register for this class, including teens. No prior training required.
Massage CEU’s are currently not available, but will be applied for after the class (if this interests you I can update you on whether or not the class was awarded them a few months after the class is completed).
Please feel free to email with any questions you may have on: email@example.com
Friday September 13, 9am-6pm
Saturday September 14, 9am-6pm
Sunday September 15, 9am-1pm
Private mini sessions will take place either on lunch breaks or after class on Friday and Saturday.
$460 USD early bird tuition if you register by August 17
$490 USD tuition after this
Minimum number of students to hold the class is 4.
Please email Megan with any queries or your registration.
This class is taught by Megan Assaf
10% of the total cost of every class goes towards supporting our indigenous partners, including Don Elijio's descendants who protect the sacred forest at the Elijio Panti National Park in Belize, Walther Cholotio, a Tz'utujil Maya Fire and Daykeeper in Guatemala, our friends at Taos Pueblo and Māori tree protector Shirley Waru in Aotearoa. To learn more, visit our Giving Back page.